Louisa Lama-Aknin, or Louisa L., is currently working on Terra Futura, a new project which main subject is the 17 Sustainable Development Goals defined by the UN for the 2030 agenda.
Louisa has started to feature in exhibitions since October 2022, first in France, then back in the US. She created an original series of 17 paintings, and is currently “augmenting” them through short videos of teenage students sharing their hopes for the planet. At the exhibit, visitors can first discover the artworks, then scan a QR code which will guide them to a video montage illustrating one of the Goals and narrated by the students.
About the artist
Louisa Lama is a painter from the French Lorraine region – after having lived more than 20 years in Paris, in Réunion and in London, she’s been living in New York for the past 8 years. Her works were featured in Times Square during Best of France, the most important French cultural event in the US, and one of her paintings (depicting the Eiffel Tower) is shown in the Elysée Palace, where it belongs to Brigitte Macron’s private collection. Collectors of Louisa L.’s works hail from the US, Europe, China and Morocco.
Louisa L. has created NewYorkHer, a unique artistic project combining paintings and augmented reality to tell the story of ten exceptional women taken from the diversity of New York’s culture. The NewYorkHer exhibition lasted through 2019 and was very successful, with a news report on TV news program “Le grand journal de New York” (‘New York’s big newspaper’).
How to contribute to Terra Futura
Louisa L. is looking for new partners ready to help with the project. She is particularly interested in engaging with the following:
- Organisations with the mission to respond to problems of inequality, climate change, peace and justice;
- Companies wishing to involve their brand in using art and storytelling to change the world;
- Education institutions wanting to capitalize on these messages to positively influence children;
- Galleries and other art organisations with a space to present an exhibition with a real social impact;
- Media channels covering subjects linked to art and sustainable development.
To contact her and see more of her work:
- Contact: http://www.newyork-her.com/contact/
- Intagram: https://www.instagram.com/louisal1/
Translated by Estelle Wallis